Veneer Case Study : Olena Khamula
Olena Khamula is most famously known as one of the three finalists of Bachelor Australia 2016. Her claim to fame, was how she effectively dumped the Bachelor, before he knew what happened.
She had decided that she would not bend her own values, in order to make good television. By being loyal to herself, she followed her own script. For this decision making, she was a strong favourite of the audience.
Her fans have followed her long past the show’s season, with her making her social media a major part of her life. Olena was hands down, the most beautiful contestant of that season. Shocked and intrigued, we had to look closely to find the reason why she booked a consultation with Dr Fadi Yassmin.
Olena was scheduled to return for a follow up, to make sure her gums were not being agitated by the new veneers. Her teeth looked great and there was no agitation between any of her gums. In fact, she couldn’t stop smiling ear to ear.
MAINTENANCE ADVICE OFFERED TO ALL PATIENTS
In the spirit of maintaining a million dollar smile, it is advised to take consideration of the following:
- Traditionally, brushing and flossing is recommended twice each day.
- After every meal, be sure to immediately rinse your mouth.
- Although porcelain veneers are stain resistant, you should still be mindful of food items that stain. Examples such as wine, coffee, and black berries.
- Avoid hard food items, including hard candy.
- Avoid anything that puts pressure on your on your teeth, such as biting off caps to open bottles.
- If you are known to grind your teeth at night, wear a mouthguard. The pressure that you exert can easily crack the porcelain veneers.